Today I was informed on the meaning of mindfulness. I found this to be a very interesting way of relaxing. Used as a type of meditation but could also just be used in ones journey. Mindfulness is a way to live in the moment but also retaining a healthy mental state of mind during the process.
- began as buddhist tradition
- recognized as a cognitive therapy
- seated meditation technique that focuses on breathing, bodily sensations, and mental relaxation
- the primary focus is on one’s current physical state
How It Works
Mindfulness involves six neuropsychological processes that lead to a person’s meditative state of self-awareness.
1. non-attachment & decentering (letting go of the ego)
2. intention and motivation (achieve mindfulness)
3. attention regulation
4. extinction & reconsolidation
Mindfulness increases the folding of brain tissue which allows the brea to process information more efficiently- providing a better grasp on life’s stressors. This fights PTSD, depression, anxiety, improves academic performance, regulate emotions, and fights memory loss. In addition to reducing the level of your stress and boosting relaxation, mindfulness can lower stress-induced swelling. This can help reduce the chances of getting arthritis, slow HIV progression, helps in weight loss, and improves sleep.
Be Mindful of Mindfulness!!